IT Readings Log   

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Why Standards Matter

I started to read this article with the hope that I will find an interesting and documented description about standards and also hoping that the article will actually present enough arguments and nice examples that I can present it to development team and just convince them about the need of standards in everything we do.
It wasn't like that: the article has some intentions on addressing what I was hopping to find, but it turns into the already boring anti-Microsoft argue.
I am not a Microsoft fan but so far I used it successfully and, considering web development, Internet Explorer was and still is the best browser to build your application for. I don't know for how long it will still remain on top, but I advice the author of this article to try to built a Dynamic HTML Fancy website for both Internet Explorer and Netscape, but for ALL versions, starting with Netscape 4.7. He he.... good luck boy! See how Netscape respected ANY type of standards regarding its object model across versions...

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/columns/quaquest/article.php/3500761

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home